Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shove a Sock on It

It has been forever since I posted and, honestly, I didn't have time.  But this little anecdote is something I felt like sharing.  I missed posting to my dear blog, and this was a fun, strange, little story that could be done quickly.  So, here it is:

My roommate and I discussed socks a while back.  Why?  Well, it's simple really.  She put her sock on in a certain way and I thought she looked like a doofus.  We then analyzed--for ten minutes, mind you--how we put on our own socks.

Her way: The Foot Never Leaves the Floor.
How she does it: Lift toes while heel remains on the floor.  Roll sock halfway up.  Put toes to the floor.  Lift heel.  Pull sock the rest of the way.  This is all done while standing up and bending her body in half.  If a chair is used, the foot still remains on the floor for the entire process.

This amazed me.

My way: Foot is Lifted and Dangled in the Air
How I do it: Hoist leg up in the air, bent at the knee.  Pull sock on completely in one swift motion.

See?  We both decided then, to try putting on our socks each other's way and needless to say, we couldn't do it.  Why is that?  Of course, the habit is hard to break, but it's curious how something so little could be so different and impossible to adjust to.

I couldn't believe how many steps she took just to put on a sock.  It was kind of ridiculous, but at the same time, fascinating.  We still make fun of each other for it once in a while.

How do you put your socks on?
I hope I get some responses on this one.
I will try to look into this in the future.  More posts to come soon.

2 comments:

Please comment appropriately. Comments are moderated. Thanks for reading!